Coronavirus (update 17/03/20)
Update: 17 March 2020 – South Africa: on hold / Oman: shortened
Since January 2020 Wetskills Foundation is monitoring the spread of the coronavirus (Covid-19) in China and Asia. Last weeks the coronavirus caused increasingly more concerns in Europe and Middle East (where we are having a Wetskills event in Oman at the moment) as well. With this message we would like to inform you about our action plans concerning the coronavirus and the next Wetskills events.
The Wetskills Foundation is complying with the advice and regulations issued by the World Health Organisation (WHO), the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) regarding the prevention of the spread of the Corona virus (Covid-19). We also take into consideration the advised our partner countries where we organize Wetskills Water Challenges. As Wetskills Foundation we take this seriously and are looking closely with out (local) partners how to deal with our planned events.
The status of individual Wetskills events in 2020:
- Oman: This event has been shortened with 2 days. For this Wetskills event in Muscat adaptive measures has been taken with our supervisors and local partners. The finals & awarding was not organized at the 2nd International conference on Water Resources in Arid Areas, because this conference is postponed to 21-24 September 2020. The results will be republished online. The Follow the event: link.
- Colombia: At this moment the status of this event is on hold (the selected participants, case owners and partners will be briefed separately). Wetskills Foundation is waiting for new dates of the ACODAL conference.
- South Africa: On hold (the selected participants, case owners and partners will be briefed separately). Wetskills Foundation is waiting for new dates of the WISA conference
- Palestine: No status change. Announcement has been placed last week. GO – NO GO / POSTPONE decision at end of April / beginning of May
- Japan: No status change. GO – NO GO / POSTPONE decision at end of April / beginning of May (when selected do not book your ticket or comply to other financial arrangements yet)
- Other events in-the-pipeline (like The Netherlands, Israel, Dubai, India, Scotland and Denmark) from September 2020 to January 2021: No status change. Announcements will be put online soonest and the preparations will continue.
- China (Wuhan): This event was in the pipeline in an earlier stage. The preparations has been postponed and the event is planned for Summer 2021.
For more information, contact Johan Oost (email@example.com).